From necklaces to bracelets to rings and homewares, rose gold jewelry has a special place in our hearts. It is made of classic yellow gold and copper metals to give the familiar pink look. Like any other gold jewelry, rose gold does not tarnish, but with time the copper blending will oxidize, leading to a worn and dull look.
To maintain the fetching gleam, cleaning your jewelry is crucial. It would be best to approach cleaning with great care to avoid metals reacting negatively to intense cleaning methods or harsh cleaners. Luckily, you don't always need to visit a jeweler. We have made it easier by enlisting some fundamental home care for your rose gold jewelry.
How To Maintain Rose Gold Jewelry
Everyday care is essential for your jewelry. To be more precise, this is a possession that requires nurturing not only for sparkle and glow but for its value.
Perform Regular Polishing
Your jewelry surface is prone to trapping dirt and grime from your skin, dust from the surroundings, cosmetic products, or even cooking. Therefore, to avoid everyday wash, dry cloth polishing will help eliminate any organic buildup and preserve its radiance.
Despite polishing being a perfect method of giving your rose gold jewelry an attractive shine, other parts like the chains and intricate settings will need a deep cleaning.
That will help keep your jewelry in tip-top condition with cleaning taking part after every few months. You can make use of various cleaning methods as listed below after a few months to a year.
How To Clean A Rose Gold Ring & Jewelry
Soap & Water
It is one of the quick and foolproof options that is very effective when cleaning rose gold jewelry. You can easily accomplish that by following the below procedure:
- Start by placing a gentle cloth or towel at the bottom of the bowl. That is to prevent rolling around at the base of the container, which can result in scratches.
- Fill the bowl with lukewarm water and gentle dish soap. Then soak your gold jewelry for about 5-10 minutes based on how dirty it is.
- Then rinse the jewelry thoroughly with warm water after your estimated soaking time has passed.
- After rinsing, check to confirm whether all the residue is gone, and use a gentle dry cloth to dry your rose gold jewelry.
Cleaning with vinegar solution is another straightforward option. It is perfect for cleaning rose gold and diamonds. It is essential to note that this method can damage your jewelry's brilliance if it includes pearls, rubies, sapphires, and opals.
- Pour your distilled vinegar into a small container that will ensure your jewelry is fully submerged.
- Add a few teaspoons of salt and stir to dissolve.
- Once your solution has enough salt, drop your rose gold jewelry into the container for a few seconds to remove any grime, dirt, or tarnish. If left for minutes or more, the solution is likely to corrode your jewelry.
- After removing it, deep it immediately into lukewarm water.
- With a dry cloth, gently dry your rose gold.
Beautiful jewelry needs nurturing to give that attractive appearance. And rose gold jewelry is not an exemption in regular cleaning. That's why, here at Acredo, we hope this article solves and will improve your jewel care and cleaning. You can Call: (303) 593-0424 for more information or visit our product page to shop for some of our latest designs.