It's not easy to ask for something as major as an engagement ring. After all, the ring itself will be a symbol of your commitment to your partner. This may seem daunting but there's no need to fear! We've compiled a list of ways you can ask your boyfriend for an engagement ring. Choose the one that you think works best for your relationship or try going through a few (or—let's be honest—all) until he gets the hint.
- Wear a ring on your ring finger. It doesn't have to be an expensive one—it could even be a Ring Pop—but wear something that he'll take notice of and will start asking questions about.
- Show him a Pinterest board of jewelry items and mention how those pieces would look good with your engagement ring. "When he asks "what engagement ring?", remind him about the one he'll be getting for you when he proposes.
- Allude to engagement rings, weddings, and marriage in front of both your friends and his friends when he's around. If necessary, plan a get-together with friends for the sole purpose of bringing these topics up in conversation.
- Have a serious conversation about taking your relationship to the next level and let him know that you'd like a ring in order to do so. He may respond better to a proper sit-down conversation.
- Simply ask him for one. Sometimes the simplest way to go works the best. If he doesn't quite seem to get the message that you want a ring, ask him directly and there will be no denying that he understood you.
Remember, there's no wrong way to ask for an engagement ring. If you want a ring, send him a clear message that you do or simply ask him directly. Once he knows you want to get married, it'll only be a matter of time before you've got some sparkle on your finger.
Get in touch with Acredo today for all of your engagement ring needs.